- What’s new in Gutenberg 1.0.0
WordPress’s new content editor plugin has a new release and there are a few improvements since the very alpha release that came out back in June. We’re still waiting for proper shortcode and metabox integration.
- WordPress 4.9 to Focus on Code Editing and Customization Improvements, Targeted for November 14
If you run a WordPress website it’s always a good idea to keep an eye on future core releases. This article will give you a thorough overview of what’s slated for the next major core release in November.
- Automattic’s Push into Managed WordPress and It’s Potential Impacts to the Hosting Ecosystem
WordPress.com Business package now supports plugins and third-party themes which used to be the biggest benefit of going with a self-hosted WordPress.org website. What does this mean? Frankly, if you’re confused you’re not alone.
- Why Nonprofit Stories are the Secret to Success
Sometimes all you need is a good prompt and the story that you will speak to your supporters practically writes itself. This article will give you 5 simple story arcs to help you tell the story of your organization.
- 5 Tips for Telling Your Nonprofit’s Story
And now that you know what kind of story you want to tell this article will give you a few tips to better flesh out that story.
- Digital Promotion Strategies
We’ve come to enjoy Nonprofit Source’s Digital Marketing Plan series, this is chapter 3. As usual, lots of examples and actionable advice in this article that will help you with promoting your non-profit online.
- 4 Unique Recurring Donation & Monthly Giving Program Examples
Seeing what works for other folks is a great way to learn and formulate your own digital fundraising strategy. These four case studies not only tell you what marketing strategies were used but also why they worked. A very worthwhile read!
- 3 Reasons a Blog Is Crucial to Your Nonprofit
Just in case you’re not sure about the power of a blog (or maybe you need to convince your boss) – here are 3 great reasons for your non-profit to invest into running a blog.
- Blogging Best Practices
Just a bit more blogging advice for non-profits from NonprofitWP (an all-around great source of info if your organization uses WordPress).
- The smartest ways to use digital on a budget
This article is all about starting our small and focusing on ROI – which is to say a smart way to figure out what works for your audience that can be easily scaled up.
Tech + web
- Cases of Successful Nonprofits That Use Chatbots
Chatbots and an interesting trend and a great tool if used in the right place and for the right reason. Here are 3 short case studies of chatbots used in the non-profit space and tools you can use to build your own.
- Bitcoin and Blockchain Provides Transparency for Donations
If you’re curious about whether accepting Bitcoin might be worth it for your organization, this article is a great place to start.
September Events + Conferences + Webinars
- Book Club: The Healthy, Happy Nonprofit
Let’s start with a bit of (educational) fun! NTEN has started a book club for non-profits. The next virtual club meeting is on September 21.
- Dispatches from the Future: Nonprofits and Tech – feat. Jeffrey Zeldman and more
Boy, if we were in NYC we’d be going to this panel discussion with Jen Simmons (Mozilla), Jeffrey MacIntyre (Bucket), and Glenda Bautista-Baker (Hearst). Grab your seat for September 20.
- Using Data to Solve Problems: An Introduction to Artificial Intelligence and Machine Learning for Beginners
It’s that time of year again – Ladies Learning Code (a non-profit we love to support) is hosting its fifth annual National Learn to Code Day across Canada. A pay-what-you-can event, it’s a great opportunity to wet your feet with coding and machine learning in particular.
- #GivingTuesday Educational Seminars
Firespring has a number of great #GivingTuesday seminars coming up in September and October to help you get prepared for the biggest giving day on your annual calendar. And all of them are free.
Very interesting new tool for non-profits! You can review foundations and other grantmakers, likewise, you can read reviews about grantmakers that might be of interest to you.
Hope you found these links to be helpful for your non-profit. Come back in October for the next round-up!